I feel bad that I didn't get out to get the pictures yesterday, but I forgot my camera the one time I had a chance to go outside, so just imagine the water higher.
This is my neighbors yard, the water was all the way to the retaining wall, threatening to go over.

This is my lower pasture, the water was all the way to the gate in the morning, it rained the rest of the day, so it could have gone even higher.

This might give you an idea of how fast the water is moving today. All I can say is that I wouldn't want to be caught up in it. We have been very lucky where we are. It's just pasture that's under water. There are many places that are much worse. Several counties have been declared a state of emergency. Billy's unit has been called up to help and he's away now helping. I'm greatful he can. Of course all this rain means the bus isn't running, and since Billy took the van with him, I have the boys back home with me again. Which is another point in favor of homeschooling as far as I'm concerned.
2 comments:
I think we came over at just the right time! Right between storms!
Wow! That is some crazy flooding. I hope that it didn't get any worse and that your house is okay.
Post a Comment