I was really proud of Tuck on this trip. He seemed really at home by the water. He seemed to enjoy the stillness and spent quite a bit of time on his own. He didn't have any blowups and was very responsible about following camp rules.
Danner loved the adventuring. He wanted to help with everything and couldn't wait to get in the water and catch crabs. He really wanted to make s'mores, but there are no campfires allowed on the island, so we will have to find a time to make them. As soon as we got home he wanted to set the tent up in the back yard and sleep outside every night.
Wynnie spent the whole going. Going down to the beach. Going up to the camp. Going into the tent. Going out of the tent. Going to the outhouse. Going to the orchard. And of course going everywhere with her best friend Lacy. You could hardly find them apart. You would think that being constantly next to each other for two full days would be enough. It wasn't. She wanted to stay there forever, sleeping in the tent with Lacy. And wearing her swimsuit 24/7. She loves her swimsuits!
Esme spent almost the whole time in my backpack. She loved hiking along the beach and through the woods. I think her favorite place to be is on my back, where she can see everything. She really loved going out on the boat, even with her bulky life jacket. She loved crawling through the tent and trying to get a taste of all the vegetation.
I'll try and post more pictures later as I try and figure out how. I mean, it's taken three days to figure out how to do these, but since they are my favorite pictures of the kids I thought I should get them up. Carolyn has a really good post on the vacation, so check out her blog.
0 comments:
Post a Comment